This charter seek to provide a framwork which enable our user to know:
- The service available in the hospital.
- The quality of services
- The means through which complaints regarding denial or qyality of services will be solved.
We ensure that all users receive courteous and promt attention.
- Director Administration:     Phone No. (O):(0788-4088855)
- Medical Superintendent :   Phone No. (O):(0788-4088855)
- Emergency Reception :     Phone No. :(0788-2291143/4088855)
Doctors wear white apron and nurses are in uniform.
:  Location guide map is available near the main entrance of hospital:
Enquiry counter exists at the main reception and in the OPD hall.
CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES :
Timing 24 hrs 365 days:
- Casualty medical offices and residents available 24 hours 365 days
- Call days are fixed for various Consultants and are available round the clock.
OUR PATIENT DEPARTMENT :
- General OPD : 9 AM to 5 PM
- Emergency services available round the clock
- Sample collection round the clock (24 x 7 ) Radiology
- Round the clock (24 x 7 ).
- Licensed Blood Bank is available in the Hospital - Round the Clock ( 24 x 7)
INDOOR TREATMENT :
- All patients admitted in various wards of the hospital are treated as per the hospital policy.
- Diet provided to all indoor patients.
- Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours : 4 to 6 PM
- Facility of free treatment for Economically Weaker Section
- Staff nurses are on duty round the clock in the wards
- Admitted patients should contact the staff nurse / Floor manager for any medical assistance they need
- Wheel chairs and stretcher are available for the facilities of patients.
- Ambulances are available round the clock on all days.
- There is standby generator to cater to emergency services in case of breakdown of electricity
- Public telephone facility is available in the hospital.
- Adequate drinking water and toilet facilities are available.
- Coffee shop is open for 24 hours; Cafeteria - 8AM. To 8 P.M
- Pharmacy service is located on the ground floor ( 24 hours , 365 days)
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS :
- There may be occasions when our services may not be up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to register your complaints to our MS.
- You may also fill up Response card and drop the same in the "Suggestion Box" which is Opened by Administrative Officer only.
"The Hospital is a no smoking and no alcohol zone
At Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences, we respect the personal and unique needs and values of each patient.
Our expectation is that the observance of patients rights will support mutual cooperation and greater satisfaction for the patients and hospital staff."
As a Patient you have the right :
- To know the name, identity and professional status of all the people providing services to you and to know the physician who is primarily responsible for your care.
- To receive complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in terms that you can understand.
- An explanation is given which you can understand of any proposed procedure, drug or treatment; the possible benefits; the serious side effects, risks or drawbacks which are known; potential costs; problems related to recovery; and the likelihood of success. The explanation should also include discussion of alternative procedures or treatments.
- To accept or refuse any procedure, drug or treatment, and to be informed of the consequences of any such refusal. If there is conflict between you and your parents/ guardian regarding your exercise of this right, you and parents / guardian may need to participate in conflict resolution procedure
- To expect that all communications and records related to your care will be treated confidentially
- To supportive care including, appropriate management of pain, treatment of uncomfort- able symptoms and support of you at the critical illness/terminal illness.
- To assistance in obtaining consultation with another physician regarding your care. This consultation may results in additional cost to you or your family.
- To request consultation with the hospital Ethics Committee regarding ethical issues involved in your care.
- To be transferred to other facility at your request or when medically appropriate and legally permissible. You have a right to be given a complete explanation concerning the need for such transfer. The facility to which you will be transferred must first accept you as a patient.
- To know if your care involves research or experimental methods of treatment. You have the right to consent or refuse to participate.
- To examine your bill and receive an explanation of the charges regardless of the source of payment for your care.
- To be informed of any hospital polices procedure rules of regulations applicable to your care.
As a Patient it is your responsibility :
- To provide all personal and family health information needed to provide you with appropriate care. This includes reporting if you are in pain, or require pain relief.
- To participate to the best of your ability in making decisions about your medical treatment, and to comply with the agreed upon plan of care
- To ask questions to your physician or other care providers when you do not understand any information or instructions.
- To inform your physician or other care provider if you desire a transfer of care to another physician, care giver or facility.
- To be considerate of others receiving and providing care.
- To comply with facility policies and procedures, including those regarding smoking noise, and number of visitors.
- To accept financial responsibility for health care services and settle bills promptly