Undersigned is pleased to constitute the College Council for Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences College for augmentation of the various Academic activities of the institution with effect from January 2016.
- The newly constituted council shall take all initiative to improve the Teaching & Training programme of the institution.
- The Council will review the performance of students in various examinations including University examinations. The Council shall enquire & examine the probable reasons for poor performance of students & shall adopt the appropriate remedial measures.
- ODs must ensure that all Faculty members of department are available and are engaged in various Academic & Research activities.
- Faculty Improvement Programme & Performance Evaluation Programme to be adopted. Seminars shall be organized by every dept. on a regular basis. Seminar topics of Interdisciplinary nature may be selected to make such programme more interactive & effective with involvement of multidisciplinary faculty.
- The Medical Education Unit shall arrange / presentation of research outcome/ seminars in Medical Education Unit, C M E Programme may be organized more frequently by all the departments on any important topics.
- Every department need to organize Student's seminars on specific topics which will be allotted to students in advance
- Departmental Research Committee shall be constituted to approve the various research topics & its protocol. Research which needs Ethical clearance must be forwarded to the College Ethics Committee for its approval.
- The council should consider seriously about a group of students who are chronically absent in classes. Reason for any mass absenteeism, analysis, counseling, corrective measures to be adopted and appropriate disciplinary action to be suggested
- The first meeting of the newly constituted Academic Council may kindly be arranged in the first week of August 2016 to review the whole situation.