Shri Shankaracharya Institute Of Medical Sciences
Get the right institute for your studies with SSIMS.
About the Dean
Undergraduate ( M.B.B.S.) 1978; post graduate diploma in Otolaryngology ( D.L.O.) 1980, and degree M.S. [E.N.T.] in 1982 from Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur.
Started teaching carrier from Govt. Medical College, Nagpur in 1982 as Assistant Professor, as Associate Professor and promoted as Professor and worked in different Govt. Medical Colleges of Maharashtra state i.e., Govt. Medical College, Nagpur, Govt. Medical College, Yavatmal, Govt. Medical College, Nanded and Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College, Nagpur.
Clinical & Teaching - More than 28 years of clinical and teaching experience, in different capacities. Attended various workshops and conferences. Member of Board of studies in Nagpur University. Post graduate guide since 1988.
Teaching- more than 17 years teaching experience of both undergraduates and post- graduate students. As many as 14 postgraduate research projects and thesis have been successfully mentored till date.
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowship sponsored by Association of Commonwealth Universities and British Council and worked with Mr. J.A.S. Carruth – the pioneering Head and Neck laser surgeon in UK at Southampton General Hospital and Royal South Hants Hospital for a period of 1 year.
- Worked in Faculty Development Program of Govt. of India in Indo-Nepal Project at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal for a period of 3 years from 2004-2007 under ministry of External affairs, New Delhi.
- As a Professor of ENT at Shri V.N. Govt. Medical College, Yavatmal developed the ENT department from scratches to the level of MCI recognised M.S. [ENT] status.
- Exercised administrative skill during the International function of Guru-da- Gaddi at Nanded as a Dean and established and managed 3 temporary hospitals to render health care services pilgrims ( 10 lakh devotees) and National & International VVIPs in collaboration to District Administration in 2008.
- Worked as Dean at Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College, Nagpur from 2011- 2015 bringing the college from 100 to 150 seats by establishing infrastructure and other facilities.
- Worked as Joint Director of Medical Education and Research, Mumbai Govt. of Maharashtra from 2015 till retirement i.e., 30 September 2019, wherein improvement done in legal services, reporting system, non-medical service cadre.
Books & Publications
- More than 14 Publications in National and International Journals. and wrote 2 Medical books and 2 Non medical books.
- Medical: Clinical Methods in E.N.T – Published by Jaypee Brothers in 2002 and M.C.Qs in E.N.T. - Published by Jaypee Brothers in 2000.
- Non-Medical: Nepal Diary : Based on experiences at B.P. Koirala Institute, Nepal and Medical Scientist : For school children.
List of Publications
- AatishGujrathi, P.T. Wakode Haziness in X-rays Paranasal Sinus waters view in Sinusitis A fact or fiction IJLO 2013; (65) 242-246
- P.T. Wakode, Anand Ghimire, Roshan Aacharya Missile injuries in Head and Neck and Maxillofacial region- an experience in eastern Nepal IJLO 2008; (60) 137-141
- P.T. Wakode, S.V. Joshi, S.H. Gawarle Chronic Suppurative otitis media in school going children IJLO 2006; 58 (2) 152-155
- M. Bhattarai, P.T. Wakode Recurrent Parotitis in children Journal of Indian Association of Paediatric surgery (2006), 11 246-247
- Singh R.K. Bhandari S, P.T. Wakode, Pralhad Karki Necrotising fasciitis GujrathJounral of ENT and HNS 2005; 2(2) 11-15
- VA Badar VR ThawaniPT Wakode et al 2005; (96) 445-449 Efficacy of TinosporaCardiofolia in Allergic Rhinitis Journal of ethnopharmacology
- P.T. Wakode, SH Gawarle, SV Joshi, R Bajoriya Throat swabs and culture sensitivity reports – an overview 2003; 55(2) 76-80
- P.T. Wakode, PL Joshi Efficacy of Nasal Cytology IJLO; 1989 (41) 138-140
- S.B. Allampallewar, A.Z. Nitnaware, P.T. Wakode Osteoma of frontal sinus IJLO 2005 Special issue 196-197
- SV Joshi, P.T. Wakode Haemangioma of Tympanic Membrane and external auditory canal IJLO 1999; 51(2) 45-46
- SV Patel, ST Shende, JN Vedi, PT Wakode Polymorphic reticulosis 2006; 58 (3) P-306
DR. PRAKASH T. WAKODE
Dean, Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences, Junwani, Bhilai
Mobile No.: +919960499931
Telephone No.: 07884088866
Email ID: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com